Learn more about the world of essential oils.
Fresh scents from around the world.
BERGAMOT / ITALY
- The bergamot tree is thought to be a cross between a sweet lemon and a bitter orange.
- The tree has been cultivated in Southern Italy for generations,
and this is where most of the bergamot essential oils come from.
- Bergamot provides a distinct citrus scent with a bit of spiciness.
It is also widely used in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Bergamot essential oil is believed to help uplift your mood, reduce anxiety, and stress.
YUZU / JAPAN
- Cold Pressed Yuzu oil is from Kochi on Shikoku Island in Japan.
- Distilled from the peels of yuzu fruits. Out of 1 ton of yuzu fruits, only 100g (3.5oz) of oil can be extracted.
- Yuzu is a unique, bright, slightly floral, and aromatic citrus. It also has a zesty, green citrus scent that has a slight sweetness.
LAVENDER / FRANCE
- Lavender has a sweet-herbaceous floral aroma. In aromatherapy it is considered one of the most commonly used essential oils.
- It has been cultivated in France for generations, and that is where most of the lavender essential oils come from.
- Some studies show that lavender oil can help relax the mind and evoke calmness. It can also soothe tension, anxiety, and frustration.
SPEARMINT / CHINA
- Spearmint has a minty pleasant scent. Some studies show that this herb may help improve memory and focus.
- Spearmint is a popular flavoring agent in toothpaste, breath mints, and chewing gums.
- It has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, which may help kill various bacteria.
- In South American countries, spearmint tea is commonly used to treat stress and insomnia.
GRAPEFRUIT / SOUTH AFRICA
- Grapefruit is a citrus, tangy, and fruity scent. It provides an invigorating and energizing aroma that has been said to enhance the mood.
- Grapefruit essential oil is also said to have antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- Inhaling the scent of grapefruit essential oil stimulates activity in the sympathetic nervous system (which can lead to mitigating stress).
- Some people use this scent for reducing the effect of jet lag and hangovers.